Monday, October 20 2014 @ 00:00 +0200
I've just committed a major feature to MGL-PAX: the ability to include code examples in docstrings. Printed output and return values are marked up with ".." and "=>", respectively.
(values (princ :hello) (list 1 2)) .. HELLO => :HELLO => (1 2)
The extras are:
- parsing back and updating a transcript
- auto-checking of up-to-dateness at documentation generation time
- readable return values can be commented, hand-indented without breaking consistency checks and updates will not destroy those changes
- Emacs integration: transcribing the last expression and updating a transcript in a region.
- TRANSCRIBE works without the rest of MGL-PAX so it can be used to format bug reports or as a poor man's expect script.
The documentation provides a tutorialish treatment. I hope you'll find it useful.